The Consortium developing the future Northern Gateway City at Badgerys Creek has outlined its vision for an extensive employment hub delivering more than 55,700 new jobs. Approximately 50% of jobs will be in the much needed Professional, Scientific and Technical Services sector. The diversity of employment opportunities will provide quality jobs for Western Sydney residents.
In response to the Land Use Infrastructure Implementation Plan (LUIIP) for the Western Sydney Aerotropolis, the Consortium, led by publically listed property group Boyuan Holdings Limited (ASX:BHL), today unveiled an updated Masterplan for the 344-hectare site.
Designed by renowned Dutch architecture firm OMA, who are experts in the planning and design of global airport cities, the Masterplan for the new City includes integrated health, education, retail, entertainment and leisure precincts, hi-tech logistics clusters and temporary accommodation for key workers during the construction of the Western Sydney Airport and the surrounding Aerotropolis.
The former CSIRO site is one of the largest single owner land holdings in the new created Western Sydney Aerotropolis and, according to analysis carried out by Urbis1, the development will inject $21.6 Billion into the fast growing Regional economy. The Northern Gateway’s creation of more than 55,700 direct jobs is 28% of the Western Sydney City Deal’s target of 200,000 jobs by 2050.
The foundation partners of the local and international Consortium are:
- Leading ASX-listed property group Boyuan Holdings Limited (ASX:BHL) will manage and deliver the development;
- World-renowned neurosurgeon Professor Charlie Teo, AM, will head a world-class medical and
Wellness Centre of Healthcare Excellence, focusing on preventative health, with R&D and teaching
facilities for Australia’s next generation of medical professionals. Adjacent to the Airport, the Centre will serve the growing population in Western Sydney and be a major attraction for the booming medical tourism industry from the Asia-Pacific region;
- Scentre Group (Owner and Operator of Westfield in Australia and New Zealand) will integrate a
vibrant, highly-activated 200,000m² mixed-use Town Centre, featuring retail and entertainment
quarters, hotels, commercial activities and community facilities which will be enhanced by native
parklands and waterways in a walkable urban environment.;
- Western Sydney University will create a new International Campus Precinct that fosters innovation
in Western Sydney by establishing an education, research and industry hub with global connectivity;
- International logistics firm LOGOS will operate a logistics hub for high-tech industries, warehousing and manufacturing, leveraging its prime location adjacent to the new Airport.
Working to meet the objectives of the Greater Sydney Commission’s 20-year vision, the Consortium is
seeking a realignment of the proposed M12 motorway route (within the Northern Gateway site) and the
construction of an underground station to service the North-South Rail Link, interchange for the Airport to Parramatta future rail line and transport interchange (within the Northern Gateway site) in order to unlock the full social and employment potential of the strategically-positioned precinct.
The Consortium has also submitted a unique value-sharing proposal to Governments and other stakeholders which will provide cost-savings and off-set the costs of major infrastructure projects around the new Airport, which includes:
- Land allocation within the Northern Gateway precinct for the M12 and M9 motorways;
- Paying for the construction of an underground station on the North South Rail Link within the Northern Gateway precinct;
- Providing crucial, affordable housing for workers during the construction of the Airport.
BHL has submitted a Planning Proposal to Penrith City Council to facilitate the early release and rezoning of the land holding in accordance with its refined Masterplan which includes the Consortium’s alternative road and rail transport corridors.
For further information please contact Richard Lenarduzzi 0411254390
1 The Northern Gateway, A Path To A Prosperous, Smart And Resilient Western Sydney – Economic Report, Urbis, 2018.